WAREZ-V3

WAREZ-BB has returned with a dedicated Staff now attending users needs in WAREZ-V3. Come as a guest. Stay as a family.

Attention Guests: Please register to view all sections

If you're experiencing log in issues please delete your cookies.
[ img ]
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

>>> Accounts Auto-Activated & Help Center <<<
Accounts are currently Auto-Activated.
(Banned / Hacked / Password Change / Login issue)
& In case of any issue, contact us via email [ [email protected] ]

>>> ATTENTION <<<
Guests, don't forget to Register (With Real Email) Old forum members, you must Register again.
Please Share Your Introduction: Click Here

>>>To Old Donators<<<
Please PM me (i am John) and I will check if you really are a Donator then I will give your Donator rank back.

Classic Game Design Second Edition: From Pong to Pac-Man with Unity, 2nd edition

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
shzubair
Post subject: Classic Game Design Second Edition: From Pong to Pac-Man with Unity, 2nd edition Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:06 pm
Ancient Philosopher

[ img ]

English | 2019 | ISBN: 1683923855 | 702 pages | True EPUB | 18.33 MB

You too can learn to design and develop classic arcade video games like Pong, Pac-Man,
Space Invaders, and Scramble. Collision detection, extra lives, power ups, and countless other
essential design elements were invented by the mostly anonymous designers at the early pioneering companies that produced these great games. In this book you'll go step by step, using modern, free software tools such as Unity to create five games in the classic style, inspired by retro favorites like: Pong, Breakout, Space Invaders, Scramble, and Pac-Man. All the source code, art, and sound sources for the projects are available on the companion files. You'll discover the fun of making your own games, putting in your own color graphics, adjusting the scoring, coding the AI, and creating the sound effects. You'll gain a deep understanding of the roots of modern video game design: the classics of the '70s and '80s.

Features
+ Uses Unity, C#, Blender, GIMP and Audacity to make five fun classic games
+ 4-color throughout with companion files that include source code, art, and full projects
(available for downloading from the publisher with Amazon proof of purchase by writing to [email protected])
+ Includes historical anecdotes direct from one of the fabled Atari coin-op programmers
+ Detailed step-by-step instructions, dozens of exercises, and rules of classic game design
+ Contains unique insights on applying classic game design concepts to modern games

Brief Table Of Contents
1: Introduction. 2: Tools of the Trade. 3: Pong. 4: Classic Paddle Game. 5: Breakout. 6: Classic Brick
Game. 7: Space Invaders. 8: Classic Game Project Three: Vertical Shooter. 9: Scramble. 10: Classic Game Project Four: Scrolling Shooter. 11: Pac-Man. 12: Classic Game Project Five: Maze Game. Epilogue.
Appendix I: Introduction to C#. Appendix II: Eight Rules of Classic Game Design. Appendix III: About the DVD.

On The Companion Files!
+All the source code, art, and sound sources for the projects are
on the companion disc (available for downloading from the publisher with Amazon proof of purchase
by writing to [email protected])

About The Author
Franz Lanzinger is best known as the pioneering programmer and chief designer of Atari's Crystal Castles. Mr. Lanzinger is owner of Lanzinger Studio, publisher and developer of the Gubble series.

Hello and welcome to Warez-v3
pls Register or Login to see content and download links

Display: Sort by: Direction:
  Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Return to “eBooks”
Jump to:
No new posts No new posts
Forum is locked Forum is locked